For New Instructors
4 Campus Resources for Teachers
Center for Teaching Excellence
The teach.ufl.edu website is the central location for information and resources for teaching at the University of Florida. The site is maintained by the Center for Teaching Excellence and provides links to workshops, articles and podcast recordings.
- Earn a badge or certificate through the Passport to Great Teaching program.
- Earn an Affordable UF Badge.
- Request an affordability consultation.
- Request a quality assurance online course review.
- Request a teaching strategy consultation.
- Request help in interpreting your GatorEvals report.
- Request a specific workshop for your department or a course visit.
- See how learning analytics can help improve student learning in your course.
- Identify resources to support Graduate Teaching Assistants.
Not sure what you need or who can help you? Zaina Sheets is CTE’s coordinator and can suggest people and resources to fit your needs.
The Office of the Provost is home to a variety of helpful people and information.
- UF Faculty Handbook is the best resource for teaching policies.
- UF’s Graduate School supports professional development and graduate international outreach and diversity initiatives.
- See the Guide for Preparing Theses and Dissertations to clarify faculty supervisory responsibilities.
- Institutional Assessment provides guidance and resources to support accreditation and program evaluation.
- Division of Student Affairs is your partner in creating a great experience for UF Students.
- Undergraduate Affairs supports students through a variety of programs.
- Classroom Support installs and maintains classroom technologies.
- Contact them to request help with using classroom equipment.
- e-Learning Support Services supports the Canvas (UF’s LMS).
- UFIT Training provides classroom, webinar and video tutorials to support UF technologies.
- One-on-one, by appointment and custom training is available.
- Center for Instructional Technology and Training provides instructional design services, recommendations for educational technology selection and use, and workshops.
- Video & Collaboration Services operate and maintain Mediasite, UF’s video platform.
- UFApps can be accessed from any computing device.
- Software Licensing has negotiated the lowest available price on many products.
- Check the listing of available products before your purchase elsewhere!
- Microsoft Office software is available for use on up to 5 computers or tablets and unlimited mobile phones for current UF employees.
- Active faculty and staff are eligible to purchase one upgrade license of the latest Windows Operating System.
Career Connections Center
One of the best ways to get students excited about your course topic is to help them see the relationship between coursework and career. The specialists at UF’s Career Connections Center can help you do that!
- Many colleges have an embedded Career Liaison who can provide suggestions for activities, workshops and resources for your course.
- In partnership with CTE and the Teaching Center, the Career Connections Center hosts the Teaching Portfolio workshop and review series for graduate assistants.
- It’s never too early to help your students think about the skills they will need to succeed in their chosen profession.
Center for Online Innovation and Production (COIP)
Instructional design and course production services are provided by the Center for Online Innovation and Production. This team supports courses for UF Online, Flexible Learning, Continuing Education and Self-Supporting Programs.
Their innovative approach to instructional design includes assistance with:
- Course Design and Build
- Ongoing Course Support
- Course Review and Refresh
- Online Labs
- Adaptive Learning
- Augmented Reality
- Virtual Reality
COIP also provides video production services including:
- Green Screen Recording
- Live PowerPoint Annotation via iPad
- On-Location Video Recording
- Audio Over Content Recording
- Captioning Services
Please contact COIP@mail.ufl.edu to request services.
UF’s International Center supports international students, exchange students and faculty international research and travel. International students, and exchange students and visitors play an important role in the advancement of UF’s research and teaching missions. Contact Paloma Rodriguez for help with:
- Incorporating ePortfolio elements into your course.
- Promoting global learning through course activities and research.
- Supporting international students in your classes.
- Inviting international students and scholars.
- Creating experiential learning activities for your students.
The UF Libraries have a wealth of material, both physical and virtual to support your teaching and research.
- Your library Subject Specialist can save you time by locating resources for your course.
- Request a workshop for your class.
- Ask for help locating Open Educational Resources (OER).
- Save your students money with course reserves,
- Access UF’s Institutional Repository.
- Get help with copyright.
- Request funding for Open Access Publishing.
UF’s Teaching Center is housed in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. They offer tutoring in math, science, engineering and business at no cost to students.
- They can create video resources to help your students study for exams.
- The Teaching Center supports graduate teaching assistants through:
- Teaching More Effectively Workshop Series
- UF Teaching Assistant Handbook
- UF Handbook for Testing and Grading
- Even though this guide was published in 1991, the information on writing good test questions is excellent