This section covers the planning and preparation work that will lay the groundwork for a great course. It’s a good idea to do some of this work far enough in advance of the term so you can:
- Consider a new approach.
- Bounce ideas off of colleagues.
- Identify guests who can visit your course in person or through video.
- Streamline assignments to support efficient learning.
- Ask for library help in locating resources.
- Test out new technology or software.
- Consider Open Educational Resources (OER).
- Prepare materials for teaching assistants.
- Be less stressed during the semester!