For New Instructors
The University of Florida provides a variety of workshops and activities to support quality teaching. The Office of Faculty Development & Teaching Excellence (FDTE) works with units across campus to share development information. Visit the teach.ufl.edu website for upcoming events. The units listed below offer workshops and training.
Office of Faculty Development & Teaching Excellence (FDTE)
The Passport to Great Teaching is a create-your-own badge or certificate program. Choose one of the three passport series:
- Passport to Great Teaching
- Passport to Great Teaching for New Faculty
- Faculty Learning Communities
Details and registration can be found at teach.ufl.edu > Passport To Great Teaching All of the FDTE activities described below will earn passport “miles” towards a badge or certificate.
NOTE: All FDTE workshops and activities are open to graduate assistants. Most workshops are available in face-to-face and online modalities.
- First Year Faculty Teaching Academy
- This workshop series supports new-to-UF instructors as well as new-to-teaching instructors.
- The series requires attendance to face-to-face (fall term) or online (spring term) active learning workshops.
- Additionally, faculty choose from a variety of activities and workshops to earn a certificate.
- Great Online Teaching Series (Online workshops)
- Design a Great Online Course
- Build a Great Online Course
- Teach a Great Online Course
- Each workshop takes 3 – 4 hours and earns credit towards the Great Online Teaching Badge.
- This yearly teaching conference provides new ideas and networking opportunities.
- View handouts from past Interface conferences.
- Beyond the Podium Podcast series
- Hear teaching tips from UF faculty.
- Subscribe through iTunes, SoundCloud or Stitcher.
- For more campus-wide events and workshops visit teach.ufl.edu