For New Instructors
5 Professional Development Resources and Activities
The University of Florida provides a variety of workshops and activities to support quality teaching. The Center for Teaching Excellence works with units across campus to share development information. Visit the teach.ufl.edu website for upcoming events. The units listed below offer workshops and training.
Center for Teaching Excellence
Passport to Great Teaching Program
The Passport to Great Teaching is a create-your-own badge or certificate program. Choose one of the eight passport series:
- Great Teaching
- Great Teaching for New Faculty
- Great Teaching: TA Edition
- Great Online Teaching
- Great Teaching Using Universal Design
- Global Teaching & Learning
- Faculty Learning Communities
- CIRTL Associate Certificate
All of the Center for Teaching Excellence activities described below will earn passport “miles” towards a badge or certificate. All CTE workshops and activities are open to graduate assistants. Most workshops are available in face-to-face and online modalities.
First Year Faculty Teaching Academy
- This workshop series supports new-to-UF instructors as well as instructors in their first three years of teaching.
- The series requires attendance to face-to-face and online active learning workshops.
- Additionally, faculty choose from a variety of activities and workshops to complete their certificate requirements.
Great Online Teaching Series (online workshops)
- Design a Great Online Course
- Build a Great Online Course
- Teach a Great Online Course
- Each workshop takes 5 – 7 hours and earns credit towards the Great Online Teaching Badge.
Interface Teaching Conference
- This yearly teaching conference provides new ideas and networking opportunities.
- View handouts from past Interface conferences.
Teaching Beyond the Podium Podcast Series
- Hear teaching tips from UF faculty.
- Subscribe through iTunes, Spotify or Stitcher.
For more campus-wide events and workshops visit teach.ufl.edu
UF Training & Organizational Development (HR)
- Business Communications
- Compliance Training
- Advanced Leadership for Academics and Professionals
- UF Academy
- Strategic Communications Academy for UF Leaders & Scholars
UFIT offers a variety of face-to-face and online training and tutorials.
- Visit the UFIT Training website to search for your specific needs.
- Access to LinkedInLearning is available for all UF faculty, staff and students.
- You MUST access LinkedInLearning through the e-Learning or UFIT Training portals.